I spent a huge part of the weekend inputting my 2012 dragonfly swarm locality data into Google Earth, carefully saving my work after each page of data entered. Google Earth froze shortly after my last save… When I restarted it, somehow I’d lost every bit of work I did this weekend, and all of last year’s data too. This is what I have to say to that:
(Imagine a LONG string of expletives after that scream there too, as in several minutes worth of bad words strung together into one monster run-on sentence, for the full effect.)
Thanks to my many redundant backups, I have the mapped localities from last year saved in multiple other locations. Still, 14 hours of my weekend were completely wasted and I’m going to have to start over on the 2012 data!!! I’m so angry and upset… On the bright side, this has convinced me that I need to change the mapping for my project, something I’ve meant to look into for over a year now. It is finally time to make that a priority!
Needless to say, the 2012 swarm maps won’t make it online today. Sorry about that. I hope I can get the maps up next week. In the meantime, I enjoy the posts I have planned for this week! They’ll be less grumbly than this one, I promise. :)